Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mild Upward distraction...

OK, so this is not a regular post, because it really has nothing newsworthy in it. This is just a little vent, about a little movie I saw, so if that doesn't interest you, feel free to disregard.

I recently saw Pixar's new movie "Up". Now, my bias - I love all Pixar movies. I think the people who work on it are both genius and mad, and every single movie they've made is amazing. (I wish I was being paid to say that.)

So I went into Up with some pretty high expectations. Pretty high. And I was blown away. It was so much more than I could have expected. It was clever, and gut-bustingly funny, and heart-breakingly touching, and offered some very wise social commentary on some of our more disregarded groups (e.g. the elderly and kids with neglectful parents) in such a heart warming way, all the while being incredibly entertaining and non-stop action.

If you like Pixar, you will love this movie. If you don't like this movie, then you need to get checked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment