Sunday, January 24, 2010

Change of pace


So I've been thinking that I want this blog to change direction a little. It will still be me ranting about the various bits of news I hear and read, but from a slightly different angle. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am an HR person, and I've come to realize that everything I see in the world is through those lenses, so I'll be focusing now on issues that affect work and workers, because that's really where my passion is.

The funny thing is that everything affects work and workers, and why HR is just so awesome.

Take Haiti for example, fundraisers are asking people to stop sending goods over as donations because they're struggling to manage the volume and often they need to throw much of the donations (why would you send gloves to Haiti??). Instead they're asking people to send more money, which they can use to buy goods in Haiti, thus getting what they need and supporting the economy.

I find this incredible, that people, even in such catastrophic situations, still find ways to establish a business! If more people here had that kind of a drive, Canada would not be considered such a non-competitive country. I think they should be rewarding these businesses somehow, that have managed to withstand 2 massive earthquakes and the collapse of the entire social structure of the country in which they operate.

Just wow. HR - It's everywhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment